If you love jalapeño poppers, then you’re going to love this sweet and spicy burger. There are two ways to make this delicious burger: with cream cheese or with an amazing homemade cheese ball. We mixed creamy goat cheese with cream cheese to make a mild and savory spread. If that’s not your style or you don’t have the time to prepare, skip that step and dig into this flavorful burger!
Pecan & Cranberry Cheese Ball Ingredients:
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat goat cheese and cream cheese in the microwave until soft.
- Add honey to the cheeses and mix all together.
- Chop pecans, cranberries, and parsley.
- Mix pecans, cranberries, and parsley in one bowl to make coating for the cheese ball.
- Form dollops of cheese mixture about the size of a silver dollar, and drop into cheese ball coating one at a time, rolling around until all sides are covered.
- Let cheese balls sit in the fridge for one hour to harden. Use some for your burgers and save the others to enjoy with a side of crackers!
- Add ½ of a cheese ball to your burger to replace the cream cheese step in burger assembly.
Burger Patty Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- While the cheese balls are in the fridge, prepare your burgers.
- Mix ground beef with chopped onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Form 8 equally sized balls of meat mixture.
- Flatten balls on baking sheet.
- Cook on grill to desired doneness (or 160 F, if using a thermometer).
Tip! If you use a mixer machine, you can increase the likelihood that your burgers will not fall apart on the grill.
- 8 hamburger buns
- Cheese curds
- Sliced jalapeños (seeds removed)
- Raspberry jelly
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Cream cheese (heated to spreadable consistency)
- Pecan & cranberry cheese ball spread (optional alternative to cream cheese)
Note: Cheese curds can be made fresh or purchased from your local cheese curd dispensary! For the sake of time, we decided to pick them up fresh from a local ice cream shop, but if you want to make your own cheese curds, here is a great recipe we like: Wisconsin Cheese Curds
Burger Assembly Directions:
- Place your cooked burger on the bottom hamburger bun.
- Spread softened cream cheese and raspberry jelly over the inside of your top hamburger bun or straight on your burger.
- Top the burger with hot cheese curds, jalapeño slices, and raspberries.
- Spread ½ of a cheese ball onto the top of your burger (optional).
- Place the remaining bun on top.
- Enjoy while warm!